The EAWIN’s work has a long-term impact on East Alabama communities by:
- Increasing individuals’ self-sufficiency and economic prosperity through employment and skills development;
- Aligning educational, business, and industry partners with the workforce system for effective use of workforce resources
- Bringing workforce development grant fund dollars to Region 8
- Ensuring that young people are introduced to the numerous career opportunities in businesses and industries in Region 8; and
- Bringing employers, jobseekers, youth, educators, community organizations, state agencies, and other non-profits together to find – and fund – solutions to workforce gaps
The focus areas of our Work are:
- Workforce Development
- We bring together employers, educators, economic developers, workforce professionals to find solutions to workforce issues in specific industries such as construction, healthcare, manufacturing, service, and tourism.
- Marketing and Communication
- We improve and develop new marketing tools to re-engage the stakeholders of the region and promote outreach efforts for citizens of Region 8.
- Relationships and Partnerships
- We work to develop and maintain strategic partnerships within Region 8.