Listed below are some of the goods, services, and funds to individuals provided by East Alabama Workforce Investment Network:
- We direct funding for workforce development to the three community colleges represented in Region 8, Chattahoochee Valley Community College, Southern Union State Community College, and Trenholm State Community College, and Auburn Technical Assistance Center (ATAC), Auburn University’s affiliate of the Alabama Technology Network (ATN).
- Quarterly, we bring industry, educators, and other nonprofits together to find—and examine funding—solutions to workforce gaps.
- Depending on their individual needs, customers—including laid-off workers and anyone interested in improving their skills or employment situation—can access EAWIN website, which contains a menu of services to support their career planning. Businesses can access a number of resources and services to help their company grow and thrive.
- We play a critical role in convening industry, education, and non-profits, around industry workforce issues and finding solutions that meet business needs and get people jobs. EAWIN has particular expertise in bringing together sector panels--industry-driven groups of leaders who come together to focus on workforce issues in one of Region 8 (Bullock, Chambers, Lee, Macon, and Russell Counties) targeted industries – construction, manufacturing, service, tourism, and health care.
- We annually review the industry sectors in Region 8 (Bullock, Chambers, Lee, Macon, and Russell Counties) to determine the region’s workforce development efforts and strategies.
- We provide publications to industry, job seekers, educators, etc. on the state of the workforce in Region 8 (Bullock, Chambers, Lee, Macon, and Russell Counties).
- We provide K-12 career awareness initiatives that aim to reach students during their school experience. At present, the program includes the Career Cluster Panels, which is a uniquely designed program that enables students to gain awareness of technical careers and academic enrichment, directly from industry or business representatives. The EAWIN Career Expo will bring together eighth graders from schools throughout the region to discover the bounty of industries in our area through hands-on applications.