The Industrial Machine System Technician Apprenticeship Program is a structured six-term curriculum that provides the knowledge and skills desired by manufacturing businesses in Region 8, and fulfills course requirements for award of an Associates in Applied Science Manufacturing Technology at Southern Union State Community College.
Students who successfully complete the program will earn:
- Career Readiness Certificate (Workkeys scores in Applied Mathematics, Locating Information and Reading for Information)
- OSHA 10 hour card
- Short Term Certificate in Manufacturing Technology
- Short Term Certificate In Automotive Manufacturing Technology
- Short Term Certificate in Robotics and Automation
- Certificate in Manufacturing Technology
- Associates in Applied Science Manufacturing Technology
In addition, students who wish to continue toward a four-year degree have the opportunity to earn up to 60 credit hours of transfer credit to Point University in the Bachelor of Science Organizational Leadership Program.
Classroom education is supported by On the Job Learning Experiences with one of the East Alabama Industrial Consortium Industries (24 hours per week). This combination of learning and experience will result in qualified candidates for permanent positions with these businesses and others in East Alabama.
To learn more about the Industrial Machine System Technician Apprenticeship Program, please contact:
Darin Baldwin, PhD
Center for Integrated Manufacturing
1701 LaFayette Parkway, Opelika, AL 36801
334.745.6437, Ext. 5380